For your convenience, we have put together some handy links on local information and amenities in the St Andrews area.
Planning a trip to St Andrews, Scotland? These websites give information about tourist attractions, historical sites, places to visit and things to do in the area. You can also find out more about our famous golf courses.
- Visit St Andrews
– The St Andrews Merchant’s Association website
- Tourist Information
– Website of the official St Andrews Tourist Information Centre
- Golf – St Andrews Links
– Information about St Andrews Links golf courses
St Andrews has an abundance of hotels and guest houses. We have listed a selection of some locally-run accommodation in the city. Please contact us if you would like some more advice or recommendations for your accommodation in St Andrews.
- The Albany House
– A family run Scottish Tourist Board 3 Star Hotel in the home of golf.
- Aslar House
– Scottish Tourist Board approved guest house
- Balfour House
– Luxury Cottage accommodation situated 5 minutes from St Andrews and the Old Course
- Hazelbank Hotel
– Family run Hotel overlooking St Andrews Bay
- Lorimer House
– Lorimer guest house is an immaculately maintained Victorian terraced town house
- Montague House
– High Quality bed and breakfast accommodation
- The Old Station Country House
– B&B in converted Victorian rail station located two miles from St Andrews
St Andrews is famous for its World-class golf courses. In fact we’re regularly referred to as the ‘Home of Golf’. Here are links to the websites of some of the prestigious golf courses situated in St Andrews and the surrounding East Neuk of Fife area. Please also read our guide to planning a golf trip to St Andrews.
- Royal and Ancient Golf Club
– Administers Rules of Golf and organises the Open Golf Championship
- St Andrews Links Trust
– Operates and maintains the Old Course and five other courses
- Kingsbarns Golf Links
– Prestigious new course located 6 miles from St Andrews
St Andrews and Cupar are well served by excellent transport links. Town and Country Taxis are proud to offer Airport Transfers from Edinburgh Airport to St Andrews. We also serve the other main airports across Scotland. See below for information about rail services in Fife. We are located close to Cupar station, and provide connections to and from Leuchars and Ladybank as well as all other stations in Fife.
- Edinburgh Airport
– Find all the information you need about Edinburgh airport.
– Information about train services in Scotland. Leuchers station is the closest station to St Andrews. We also regularly provide connection to and from Cupar and Ladybank stations.
- LNER Trains
– LNER operate long-distance train services from Leuchers to stations all over the UK, including direct services to and from London.
- National Rail Enquiries
– Check rail timetables, buy tickets and check for live updates on train arrivals and departures.
– The Trainline website lets you plan your journey and buy tickets for all rail operators in the UK